1. Global exposure. Having a website will bring your business to the global audience. This means a website will place your company on the Internet where billions of users online can access.
2. Easy access. Anyone who has an Internet connection can access your company right at their fingertips. You may also have the option to restrict your website to certain users for security purposes.
3. Reduction of cost in information distribution. The Internet is a real-time and low cost medium of information. A business owner can easily distribute information through his website and email at a cost cheaper than the traditional offsite distribution process. Marketing, selling, customer service and useful public data are examples of information you may elect to distribute to promote your business and uphold your social responsibilities. Read more
I was creating my post about the “list of top marketing blogs and bloggers” when I stumbled upon Steve Rubel’s Micropersuasion blog. Steve was saying goodbye to blogging and welcoming lifestreaming. The title of his blog post created a very intriguing question inside my mind. Why should he decide to leave his well-established and very popular blog? It’s like a comet that was about to hit the world of blogging. Is this a sign that the blogosphere will begin to fall and be dominated by the world of lifestreaming. Steve stated the following: Read more
BPO involves the contracting of the operations and responsibilities of a specific business functions or processes to an external party service provider (BPO companies). It helps the business or company to increase its flexibility. Because of outsourcing non-core functions to a third party, the company can be able to focus on its core competencies, without being burdened by the demands of bureaucratic dictate. Key personnel are released from performing non-core or administrative processes and can invest more time and energy in developing the firm’s core businesses. Read more
Windows 7 (formerly codenamed Blackcomb and Vienna) is the next issue of Microsoft’s Windows Operating System, replacing its recently release Vista Operating system. Windows 7 is intended to be an incremental upgrade to Vista, with the goal to become fully compatible with device drivers, applications, and hardware which Windows Vista is already compatible with. Microsoft’s presentations given in 2008 have focused on multi-touch support, a redesigned Windows Shell with a new taskbar, a home networking system called HomeGroup, and performance improvements. Read more
What are your business wishes for 2009? For me, the following are my wishes for my business, for businessmen, and the business world in the year of the Ox
1. Reduction of business tax rates which totally burdens all the Philippine consumers – whether these consumers are businessmen or not.
2. I hope businessmen will pay right amount of taxes to the government so that the government can generate higher internal revenue and will have no reason to implement additional unsound taxes. Read more